Kitsap’s manufacturing companies are cutting edge advanced manufacturers utilizing the latest advanced materials, metals and technology.
Located throughout the county in a dozen different business and industrial parks – Kitsap’s manufacturing companies have excellent access to the I-5 corridor and the Seattle region’s complex and robust industrial supply chain.
Kitsap is home to scores of manufacturing enterprises deploying the latest technology in computer-aided design, CNC machining and production. Manufacturers here enjoy a highly skilled workforce of industrial engineers, designers, production technicians, and machinists.
Kitsap’s Olympic College is recognized for its exceptional employer-led industrial arts and apprenticeship programs offering a wide array of skills training including: welding, pipe fitting, electronics, CNC machining, composite materials, and mechanical engineering. Several middle and high schools in Kitsap County provide flight simulators, CORE Plus, drone design and other aerospace related curriculum preparing students for the aerospace industry.
Kitsap is also known as a leader in the sustainable design and production of a variety of energy efficient processes, products, and technologies. Both Western Washington University and Washington State University offer Bachelor degree programs in Kitsap such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, cybersecurity and business management.
Kitsap manufacturers are well served by sound infrastructure: affordable and reliable utilities (water, wastewater, power, natural gas, and high-speed telecommunications fiber) and multi-model transportation – air, water, rail, and roads.
Kitsap is an innovator in manufacturing – design, materials, sustainability and production and has a hundred-plus year legacy of making world-class equipment, parts, and products including:
- Rebuilding and repairing the Navy’s modern carrier and submarine fleet
- Swift lateral patrol boats
- Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUVs)
- Sophisticated composite radomes
- Innovative & sustainably manufactured office furniture
- Premier fly fishing rods & reels
- Cutting edge LED lighting
- Internationally acclaimed prosthetic medical devices
All speak to Kitsap’s ingenuity, innovation and craftsmanship.
For generations Kitsap has celebrated and embraced those that build “things” and who work with their hearts, minds and hands. If you’re in the manufacturing business, you’ll feel right at home in Kitsap.
Accessibility to complex supply chain
- Proven success in supplying multifaceted defense sector
- Kitsap companies increasing access with new aerospace contracts and certifications
- Professional expertise in assisting firms with government contracting and small business requirements (Procurement Technical Assistance Center program)